Andy Snelius commenced practicing law in Burlington, Ontario in 1979 after his call to the bar. For several years he enjoyed a diverse litigation practice with emphasis on family law. However, his keen interest in family law and his ability to deal with clients experiencing the emotional and financial difficulties associated with the breakdown of a family relationship, resulted in him dedicating his practice to family law issues over the past twenty-five years.
Andy has extensive experience in all areas of family law. His approach in all cases is to achieve the best possible resolution for his clients without the need for litigation that is both financially and emotionally draining. Where appropriate, mediation is recommended prior to considering the commencement of court proceedings. In those situations where a negotiated settlement is not possible, Andy’s significant trial experience is a valuable asset.
Andy has experience in the Ontario Court of Justice, Superior Court of Justice and in the Ontario Court of Appeal.
Other information about Andy Snelius:
- Lectured at family law courses and seminars
- Former president of the local bar association (Halton County Law Association)
- Served as a member of the board of directors of Halton Women’s Place
- Served as a member of the advisory committee for the family law clerk program at Mohawk College
- A founding member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and served as the first secretary of the organization.
- Appointed by the federal government to chair Canada Pension Plan Tribunals.
- Appointed a Dispute Resolution Officer for the Superior Court of Ontario in Milton.
- Awarded the Eric Swan Civility Award by the Halton County Law Association in 2015